All sport must be healing sport.
Sport influences society, society influences sport – act accordingly.
Follow community lead, increase community power.
Hold us accountable.
4 Calls to Action:
1. Hold ourselves – coaches, programs and organizations – accountable for healing not harming.
– Develop and deliver training and consulting services that center healing and access for youth traditionally furthest from resources.
– Create a universal system of accountability for youth sports by advocating for local and federal government oversight of youth sports..
– Develop program standards and accreditation
– Develop coach professional standards and certification.
2. Organize at a local level.
– Inform and incubate community-led organizing efforts.
– Participate in local and national coalitions
– CHJS Youth Organizing Fellowship
3. Modernize funding mechanisms so that investment matches potential impact.
– Partner with and educate public and private funders.
4. Call out and dismantle harmful and exclusionary power structures.
– Support and inform local and federal policy that impact access and equity (land use agreements, public funding priorities, etc).
– Speak out and organize against policies that create or increase barriers to access and participation in sport.